Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Brazillian Wax Arlington Tx

Carola Mancilla Sepulveda: design and composition

what to do when you have a child of seven months, it want to send him to the nursery, but want to work? The visual artist , Carola Sepúlveda answer this question, venturing into the design. It has long wanted to explore the world of apparel and circumstances allowed him to try and create an eponymous brand that goes into the eco fashion from the perspective of art. Know its history through his narrative.



The proposed Carola Sepúlveda

" is a line of clothing and accessories for women with an experimental, combining" design and recycling "from an artistic perspective . I apply criteria of the visual arts (composition, color, weight, shape) in a fusion of reused plastic applications, of which I take their aesthetic potential, fabrics and hand-painted images. The result is an original design, a unique subject for daily wear. "


creative process Carola Sepúlveda

"Miro lot in magazines, online, on the street . I walking anywhere and see a crowd on a dress, a shirt, jacket. Then in seconds begin to discriminate 'I like this, but what you have left over should have a different combination of color, another cloth should be smooth with a counterpoint of color in this place .... " That's one side.


I care much about originality, experimentation, mixtures. And yet always with a thorough aesthetic management, prioritizing femininity and elegance. There is a phrase that sounds very much in contemporary art 'with maximum yields minimal gestures', that's my key, a good composition.


Crediting his

sustainable option "Accreditation in this field, I think it's something that gives the time, rather than speeches. Yes I can tell you that when I started using my designs recycling was a very honest . The main message is to reuse, whatever. The material is mainly occupied've reused plastic bottles, which eventually will take a thousand years to disintegrate, or use it to make objects and applications. The manipulation that do not render it less harmful to the environment, is still toxic, and in this sense, my hand is alert, complaint, a question conceptual. People come and say, how nice! is glass? I tell them what it is, the short life you have versus the time it takes to disappear. In my Facebook I have written: 'My idea is aesthetically and functionally prolong the life of a disposable material which takes up to a thousand years to disintegrate'. "


The hardest and easiest to sustainable design in Chile

"In clothing and accessories from recycled it'll 'do' . There are a number of chic @ s talented in creating this line. And there are always matters premium available, since the system of consumer life and friend of the disposable ensures a high output.


The stops are several. For designers of clothing in particular to achieve noble fabrics is very difficult because there is almost no market, and there is very expensive. Some designers simply direct fabrics imported from Asia, but this is not something that everyone has access. A good alternative is to recycle fabrics used clothing stores, you can find wonderful things and high quality, but you can not have a constant stock.


mental structure - culture is another wall. Every market has its specific audience, but the addition of recycling here is quite limited specific. The number of people she sees as an added value using recycling is rather low. At least happens to me, I have to try to break the pattern of the people and explain that I am creating and selling "junk", and not because raw material recycled it must be something 'cheap'. Now, I have full awareness of the context in which I'm mixing the design to recycling. That's my biggest challenge and my greatest contribution. "


Carola Looking ahead Supúlveda, design and recycling

" As a synonym of nice things, choras, crazy, but subtle, feminine and very clean visually, because until now I am the enemy of the over loaded, baroque, baroque as mismanaged. I would be adding more materials and other ways to "design and recycling '. The phrase is a broad concept and I want to make, move into it, I like to be pigeonholed. "

(Photos courtesy of Carola Sepulveda)

0 comments:

Post a Comment